Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully as they incorporate the basis upon which Rambla accept bookings.
Making a booking automatically accepts all the Terms & Conditions outlined hereunder. Pellicano Living PTY LTD (Rambla) reserves the right to change and/or modify any of these Terms & Conditions at any time without notice, and such changes will become effective immediately. Please check these Terms & Conditions periodically for changes. The effective date of these Terms & Conditions is 12 January 2023.
Rambla will not guarantee or confirm a booking made more than 51 weeks (or 358 days before arrival). Requests and quotes beyond this period may be possible, although no rates and availability will be guaranteed and confirmed. Rambla reserves the right to cancel or amend (with reasonable notice) any bookings made beyond this period.
As we run digital reception-less properties, your pre-arrival checks are required to be uploaded online before arrival. This includes uploading your identification that matches the booking name and the name on the payment card used to make the booking. This is done through a secured Portal: Auto Host.
Failure to upload a valid ID matching the name of the booking and payment card will result in termination of your booking whilst incurring the cancellation fees communicated with your booking.
Our contactless digital check in requires you to check yourself in online via the guest portal. This can be done any time from once you make your booking. Rambla operates with digital key cards that are held on your mobile device.
Check-in/arrival time is from 2:00pm. We allow guests to arrive earlier if the apartment is ready. Early check-in before 2:00pm will be subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
Check-out/departure time is prior to 10:00am.
If Perry House is fully occupied on the departure date, late departures or extensions not already confirmed will not be permitted. Should you wish to request a later departure time, please contact reservations on the day of departure. A charge of $20 per hour will apply if a guest stays beyond their check-out/departure time.
Our standard cancellation requires booking cancellations or changes to be advised to us by no later than 2:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time , 2 days prior to arrival. Please note the cancellation details on your booking confirmation applicable to the rate and dates you have secured for your stay.
If the guest does not arrive by 11:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time on the arrival date without notifying Rambla, the booking will be released and the first night of accommodation will be charged. Any pre-payment bookings or 7 days in advance payments (if any) will also be forfeited.
Guests who have booked through a travel agency or third-party website must contact these companies directly to make any cancellation or changes to their reservation.
*Over high demand, special event periods and for any group bookings, alternative cancellation policies will apply. The cancellation policy will be visible online during the booking process and can be supplied in a confirmation email when requested.
Maximum Occupancy Per Apartment
The maximum occupancy for the apartment is set out in the table below. The maximum occupancy represents the maximum number of people that may be staying or visiting the apartment at the point in time noted in the table below.
Max No. Overnight Guests
Max No. Visitors until 10pm
Max No. Guests & Visitors
Allowed until 10pm
1 Bedroom Apartment
2 Bedroom Apartment
2 Bedroom Executive
Amenities and Personal Comforts
The following amenities are included in all apartments (variations may apply with brands subject to change):
- Bedding linen, blankets and pillows.
- Tea, coffee and milk (replaceable on request within reason)
- Kitchen tea towels, dishwashing liquid and dishwashing tablets.
- Dining crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils
- Washing machine laundry detergent.
- Bathroom amenities: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion and soap.
Our typical housekeeping service is as follows:
For stays that exceed 7 nights, apartments will receive a Full Service and be fully cleaned, including all linen changed once every seven (7) nights. Guests can request the day in which this full service is provided subject to demand, however generally this is provided on the 4th day of a 7-night stay.
Guests who have booked a “non-service” ECO rate will not receive any housekeeping service during their stay, however, will have access to additional kitchen or bathroom amenities upon request. If a Full Service is requested by a guest a “Rambla Daily Refresh” can be requested, subject to availability at a fee of $55 per day.
Various room types are equipped with king-zipped beds that can be split into two single beds. If the single bed configuration is required, your preference needs to be requested at the time of booking as 24-hours’ notice is required. Room types with this function will be displayed in the room booking information.
Extra charges may apply if the bedding configuration is changed on the day of arrival or during your stay.
Rollaway Bed/Sofa Beds
Sofa beds are available on request in both 1 Bedroom & 2 Bedroom Executive Apartments. The cost to use the sofa bed is $50 per night – extra person charge (including bedding linen, blanket and pillow).
Baby Cots and Highchairs
Baby cots and highchairs are not available at Perry House. Please note a variety of hire options are available in Brisbane.
Guests travelling with multiple children/s will be required to book a suitable apartment type that will cater for the number of guests staying, without exceeding the maximum capacity of the chosen room type.
Unaccompanied Minors and Mandatory Age Requirements
You must be 18 years of age or over to book accommodation and register as the primary guest to stay at any of our properties.
Any guests under the age of 18 are considered a minor and must be accompanied by a responsible adult and act as the parent or legal guardian who has parental rights and responsibilities for any guests under the age of 18 at all times throughout the booking duration.
If a person under the age of 18 years is located in an apartment and is not accompanied by a registered adult at Perry House over the age of 18, Rambla will contact the primary registered guest to determine why the unaccompanied minor has been left unsupervised within the property. If a legitimate response is not established, Rambla reserves the right to evict all directed guests immediately, with the total booking amount being forfeited.
Rambla will not accept any responsibility for any injury caused to an unsupervised minor staying, nor can we provide the service of supervising and caring for a minor during their stay.
Guest Courtesy / No Party Policy
There is a strict no party policy. Excessive noise from music, guests, Visitors or otherwise will result in immediate eviction of the whole party without exception. There must be no noise that can be heard from outside the apartment between 10pm - 6am.
We request that visitors leave all apartments by 10:00pm each evening. Please also extend this courtesy to our neighbours when entering and exiting the building or car park.
Smoking and Vaping Policy
Smoking and Vaping including the use of e-cigarettes, is not permitted at Perry House. Fines will apply to guests who do not adhere to this policy.
Rambla does not permit pets at any locations. An animal is considered a breach of Terms and Conditions, and you will be asked to leave or remove the animal. Service Dogs (Guide, Assistance or Hearing Dogs) are exempt from the pet policy and are permitted in the building and the apartment in accordance with our policy below on Service Dogs.
Service Dogs (Guide, Assistance or Hearing Dogs) are permitted and must have a medallion on their collar with the registration number. The owner must also carry a laminated pass (with the owner and dog’s name). Service Dogs are required to be harnessed in public areas. Please advise ahead of time if you will be travelling with a Service Dog.
Guest’s Warranty As To Use
The guest warrants to Rambla that:
- the guest is using the apartment for:
- short term accommodation purposes (being a period of accommodation not in excess of 5 weeks and 6 days); and
- holiday purposes; and
- the guest is using the apartment for:
The guest indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Rambla in relation to any claim or loss suffered or incurred by Rambla arising from or in contribution with a breach of the warranties given above.
Use Of The Apartment
The guest must:
- comply with all laws and requirements of authorities in connection with the guest's use of the apartment;
- comply with any request of Rambla to enable Rambla to comply with any legal obligation of Rambla or otherwise as reasonably required by Rambla;
- ensure that the guest's visitors do not do anything, or omit to do anything, which if done or omitted to be done by the visitor would be a breach of the guest's obligations under these terms and conditions;
- comply with any reasonable directions, policies, rules or practices of Rambla published or communicated to the guest from time to time in relation to the apartment, the common areas and use of the amenities;
- give Rambla prompt notice in writing of any accident to or defect or want of repair to Perry House or the apartment that the guest is aware of or any circumstances likely to cause any damage or risk;
- maintain the apartment in a clean, orderly, safe, and sanitary condition, free of pet excrement, refuse, nuisances, or conditions that threaten or tend to threaten the health or safety of anyone, and in a manner or condition which is aesthetically pleasing.
The guest must not:
- use the apartment for residential or business purposes;
- make any alterations or additions to the apartment;
- change the apartment in any other way;
- cause any damage to anything in the apartment including without limitation, any appliance, furniture and fittings;
- use the apartment or the amenities for any purpose other than as permitted by law and any reasonable directions, policies, rules or practices of the Rambla;
- conduct any commercial enterprises in or around the apartment; and
- cause annoyance, nuisance, grievance, damage or disturbance to other guests of Perry House.
Car Park Availablity / Use Of The Car Park
Car parking is strictly subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. Bookings can be made in advance to help secure your parking requirements and incurs an additional charge specified when booking.
- uses the car park at its own risk;
- must not use the car park for any purpose other than to park one vehicle in the car park space;
- must not park any vehicle or permit any vehicle to be parked in the car park which exceeds 2 tonnes;
- must not do anything in the car park which could cause danger, disturbance or inconvenience to others in Perry House or the car park;
- must not litter the car park or bring any vehicle into it which is unsafe or which drips oil or other fluid; and
- must comply with the Rambla's requirements and directions in connection with the operation, safety and security of the car park.
Street parking, when available, is patrolled by the local authorities. We accept no responsibility if you choose to park off-site.
Risk, Indemnity and Release
The guest and the guest's visitors occupy and use the apartment, common areas, car park and the amenities at their own risk.
The guest indemnifies Rambla against all liability, loss, costs and expenses arising from or incurred in connection with:
- the use of the apartment, car park, common areas and the amenities by the guest and the guest's visitors; and
- any claim by a third party for personal injury (which includes death) and loss or damage to property including loss of use of such property caused by the negligent act, error or omission of the guest or the guest's visitors.
The guest releases Rambla from all claims, liability, loss, costs and expenses arising from or incurred in connection with:
- any claim, loss or damage to the guest's property; and
- the death of, or injury to, any person who is in or around the apartment, car park, common areas or the amenities,
except to the extent caused by the negligent act or omission of Rambla.
Limit of Liability
We do our best to ensure your booking arrangements are satisfactory, however, Rambla does not accept any liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any events which are beyond our control, including, but not limited to, war, civil disturbance, terrorism, fire, floods, acts of God, acts of Government or any other authorities, accident to or failure of machinery or equipment, maintenance requirements or industrial action.
Damage / Theft
The guest who registers at check-in/arrival will be held accountable for any damages to the apartments and its contents during the stay dates. The registered guest will also be liable for any damages caused within Perry House common areas and any damage or theft to items belonging to Perry House or Rambla (including damages or theft caused by those who are visiting a guest in an apartment in Perry House). Any damage or theft caused by the guest (and their visitors) will result in forfeiting any deposits, pre-payment. Depending on the damage or theft involved, it may be subject to additional charges. We reserve the right to process any payments in addition to accommodation to the presented credit card supplied at booking/check-in/arrival.
Bonds / Security Deposit
For all bookings, a refundable bond of $200 is required upon arrival and covers any damage or theft of Rambla property that may occur to the apartment during the occupied dates.
A complete inspection of all apartments will be conducted by management after each guest departs to determine if there is any damage or theft. Rambla may also take excessive cleaning charges out of the bond if deemed necessary.
You give permission to Rambla to charge you credit card for the security deposit in the amount of $200 and authorise any amounts to be deducted from the security deposit to cover any damage or theft of Rambla property that may occur to the apartment during the occupied dates.
If you enter a room that appears to have damage, ensure you report it immediately to reservations for rectification. You may incur a charge if you fail to report damage in the room you have frequented.
Rambla will refund the bond within 24-hours after the final guest departs, provided that any outstanding amounts owing are paid in full.
Rambla reserves the right when necessary to pre-authorise a credit/debit card upon arrival. This process validates the presented card and protects both the cardholder and merchant from fraud.
We may and you consent to us pre-authorising a credit card for any charges we determine that you may be likely to incur during your stay. This pre-authorisation may also include an amount to cover a security bond/deposit for damages. This pre-authorised amount is set aside by the card provider for up to 7 business days. The pre-authorisation will affect your available funds balance and spending limit. We recommend you contact your financial institution or card provider for more information on this process.
Full payment is required prior to arrival. Access will not be granted until full payment is received by Rambla. The payment policy will be confirmed at the time of booking. If the payment policy has not been adhered to, the booking may be cancelled.
- American Express
Any credit cards being used for payment (including incidentals) must be present at check-in/arrival by the cardholder. A non-refundable credit card surcharge applies to all credit cards. We do not accept cash. All transactions are processed in AUD (Australian Dollars). Rambla does not consider differences due to currency exchange rates or fees imposed by your bank to accept AUD. Refunds are issued based on the payment method at the time of purchase. Cardholder detail and proof of purchase may be requested to process refunds. Refunds can only be issued to the card that made the initial purchase. Generally, the processing time for most refunds is 3 to 7 business days.
Card Payment Surcharge
A card surcharge applies to all payments made by card. This amount will be applied at the time of payment and is in addition to the nightly rates. The surcharges are as follows:
- 1% For Visa & Mater Card
- 3% For American Express, Diners & JCB Cards
There is no surcharge when paying with EFTPOS.
Please note that card surcharges may change at any time.
Afterpay payment method is not accepted at Rambla.
All rates are quoted in Australian dollars (AUD) per apartment per night and are exempt from GST. Rates within bookings that have a valid confirmation by Rambla will be honoured. Rates that have been quoted are not confirmed until a valid confirmation email has been received from Rambla and are therefore are subject to change. Rambla reserves the right to amend rates that have been confirmed at incorrect rates due to human or distribution errors.
Failure To Pay
Rambla reserves the right to deny access to the guest and ask that they vacate the premises if a guest fails to pay immediately upon demand any amount owing to Rambla pursuant to the booking and accommodation (including but not limited to damage and cleaning fees). The guest irrevocably consents to any court order required for Rambla to remove the guest in this situation including but not limited to a warrant for possession.
How To Reserve
Bookings can be made online at any time on our website www.rambla.com.au or by contacting our Reservations Team by email or telephone.
Alternatively, bookings can be made through most travel agencies or selected third-party booking websites.
A minimum of 10 rooms reserved on one night is considered a group booking. Any group bookings made via any form of online distribution (such as our website or a third-party website) may be cancelled with a group proposal will be supplied. Different terms and conditions will apply for group bookings. These will be communicated in the group accommodation proposal and/or agreement (if applicable). This policy also applies to travel agents.
Minimum Length Of Stay
As determined by Rambla (in its discretion), a minimum length of stay may apply during certain periods. If you reserve an apartment over such dates (as per the booking terms and conditions), you agree to stay for the required minimum nights. Any changes or cancellations (within the cancellation period) are subject to a penalty and may result in forfeiting any pre-payments and/or deposits.
Free Wi-Fi is available at all Rambla apartments with unlimited usage.
Commercial Use, Photography and Filming
Our apartments and public spaces are to be used solely for guest accommodation and enjoyment and are not to be used as locations for commercial activity.
Any activity by guests and visitors (including photography and filming) of a commercial or promotional nature is not permitted anywhere within Perry House.
Rambla reserves the right to cancel accommodation and requires the immediate cessation of any activity in breach of this condition.
Photographs and Descriptions
Whilst care is taken to ensure that the photos and descriptions of our facilities and services are accurate, these are continually being changed, upgraded, and removed from service. We may also close facilities from to time including but not limited to the pool and gym. If any feature or facility is essential to you in choosing a particular property, we highly recommend speaking to our Reservations Team, who will assist your decision-making process and advise you if that feature or facility will be available during your stay. Descriptions are based on information available at the time of publishing and may vary or change at any time. Maps and location photographs are shown for general information only and highlight places in surrounding areas. Actual apartments occupied may vary in decor and inclusions from those shown in the pictures.
Prior to arrival at your selected accommodation, valid Federal or State Government-issued photo identification (ID) matching the name of the primary guest registered on the booking must be presented at the time of check-in/arrival. This is a prerequisite to verifying your identity for security purposes.
Acceptable forms of photo identification may include one of the following:
- An Australian Federal or State Government issued valid photo identification card (ID) (for example, a Proof of Age card or Australia Post Keypass identity card. Either a hard copy or via an Australian State Government electronic application.
- An Australian Federal or State Government issued valid driver’s licence or learner permit. Either a hard copy or via an Australian State Government electronic application.
- A Valid Foreign drivers’ licence.
- A Valid Passport (from any country).
- Other Australian Government recognised valid proof of age cards.
Note: Unofficial reproduced images (pictures) or photocopies of the above will not be accepted as valid forms of identification.
Thank you for choosing Rambla as your preferred accommodation here in Brisbane. We value your partnership and we want to ensure that any outstanding commission payments to you are processed as soon as possible. To ensure this happens, please review the following requirements.
Commission invoices need to be emailed to email@example.com in a standard format such as PDF, Word or Excel and within 60-days of the guest/s departure. The commission invoice must contain the following:
- Agency details (including name, telephone email and address).
- Valid IATA or TIDS number.
- Agency ABN (Australian agents only).
- Property Name
- Confirmation number.
- Guest details (including first and last name).
- Unique Invoice number.
- Arrival and departure date.
- Total accommodation amount with GST breakdown (Australian agents only).
- Total Commission amount with GST breakdown (Australian agents only).
- Bank account details including account name, number, BSB (Australian agents only).
Right Of Entry
Rambla or any person authorised by Rambla may:
- if Rambla has a legitimate cause for concern or if the guest has not been seen nor been able to be contacted, enter the apartment and do anything necessary to ensure the safety and comfort of the guest; and
- enter and view the apartment and do anything necessary for the preservation or repair of the apartment.
The guest consents to Rambla entering the apartment in accordance with the above reasons.
Right To Reuse Entry
Rambla reserves the right to refuse a guest entry to Perry House for any reason whatsoever, including where the guest has engaged in conduct on a previous occasion adverse to Perry House or Rambla.
Eviction Of A Guest
Rambla may evict a guest or visitors without warning. Guests who are evicted will be blacklisted from all Rambla locations and we may choose to notify the police. A guest is subject to such eviction should the following (but not limited to) occur:
- Intoxication and unsavoury behaviour
- Overcrowding, or when the number of persons in the apartment exceeds the capacity: refer to Maximum Occupancy Per Apartment
- Physical or verbal assault towards Rambla representatives or other guests
- Wilful damage to Rambla property
- Any incident for which the police need to be called onto the premises
- Any behaviour that poses a safety threat to others
- Ignoring advice to reduce excessive noise (music or other noise)
- Throwing of objects over the balconies or from windows
- Smoking within the apartment (a cleaning and deodorising fee will also apply)
- breaking the law or using the apartment or the amenities for any purpose other than as permitted by law and any reasonable directions, policies, rules or practices of Rambla.
A garbage chute is provided on each building floor to remove rubbish from the apartment. All guests are responsible for removing their rubbish daily. Bags are provided in each apartment with additional bags are available upon request to housekeeping.
Security and Loss Prevention
All Rambla buildings are secure environments. We do everything possible to ensure security levels are maintained, and we ask that our guests do the same. Rambla takes no responsibility for any personal possessions lost, stolen or misplaced whilst on the premises or if the services or the security is compromised.
Rambla encourages the guest to maintain an appropriate and adequate travel insurance policy to cover their personal possessions and property located within and about the apartment.
Rambla's policies of insurance can not be relied on to cover any personal losses or damage to personal property.
Many travel agents or insurance providers can arrange travel insurance.
Emergency Service Fee
The registered guest agrees to pay any Emergency Service Callout Fee as determined by Rambla in its discretion (but estimated at $1400) charged for false alarms. This fee includes circumstances relating to smoking and cooking inside the room where the smoke alarm is triggered. Guests are advised to use the range hood when cooking.
Rambla does not permit resale to a third-party or trade purposes without prior consent and/or written agreement. Rambla reserves the right to accept or reject any such bookings. This policy also applies to group bookings and negotiated corporate rates that are resold.
Whilst we aim to meet all special requests, these cannot be guaranteed. Please ensure you advise our Reservations Team before check-in/arrival if you wish to make any special requests for your stay. Specific views, room numbers or floor allocations are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
Rooms reserved in each booking are guaranteed. Specific room numbers (within the type reserved) and floor allocations are subject to availability upon check-in/arrival and cannot be pre-allocated or guaranteed. Higher and/or upgraded room types need to be reserved when booking to be guaranteed. If for any reason, the apartment type reserved is no longer available at the time of check-in/arrival, Rambla will provide a substituted room of equal or greater value and stand at the same rate confirmed. In extreme cases, Rambla will relocate guests to a nearby apartments or hotels of similar standard (including transportation) or alternatively offer a full refund.